1 (edited by jonsick 2012-05-14 14:28:47)

Topic: RME Multiface II

Hi

I am looking to replace my Mackie Onyx 400F and am considering a Multiface II. Well, actually was about to order one; however a number of UK dealers are now listing the Multiface II PCIe as discontinued.

Is this correct? If so, what's replacing it?

Re: RME Multiface II

Indeed the bundle Multiface II/HDSPe PCIe is discontinued. But there is no problem to buy the Multiface II and the HDSPe PCIe (and there are no plans to discontinue these), means you have to order them as separate items.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Indeed the bundle Multiface II/HDSPe PCIe is discontinued. But there is no problem to buy the Multiface II and the HDSPe PCIe (and there are no plans to discontinue these), means you have to order them as separate items.

How about now ?

I am finding that some big dealers in the US are not listing Multiface II  anymore ( Sam Ash, Sweetwater).

No problem finding the PCIe card though

I am also curious about this.  Are there any plans to discontinue the express card in the coming months?

The ExpressCard is already discontinued. Demand (due to missing ports on current computers) has dropped so low that manufacturing was no longer covering the costs.

The HDSPe PCI card is still available.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the reply.  It would seem as though there is a movement towards USB 3.0 and FireWire interfaces and away from the HDSP(e) platform.  It's too bad since I love my Multiface ii but I understand that it is just the nature of business/ technology.  I had my hopes for a Multface iii!