Topic: FF400 adat slave to UFX

Upgraded from FF400 to a glorious UFX so I could have more I/O , so I'm now using the FF400 and an Ad8000 as Adat slaves.
Everything is pretty much working Ok but one thing is driving me crazy !

I wanted the extra I/O so that I could integrate more hardware synths and effects but i'm having problems in this department. Everything works as expected in the UFX , I can use ReaInsert in Reaper to send and recieve through hardware effects plugged directly into the analog and AES I/O but I can't seem to get a similar system going with the FF400 Adat I/O. For instance I have my Moog Voyager outs plugged into inputs 7/8 on the FF400 and these come up as adat 7/8 on the UFX firemix, all works as expected .  i also have the outs of FF400 7/8 connected to the audio input of the Voyager so I can use its filters occasionally. Problem is that when i try and use ReaInsert in the same way I would with the UFX analog I/O I can't get it to work properly at all and its driving me bonkers.

So the question is , is this a limition of adat slaving ( ie the signal can't pass straight through ).....or am I just really stoopid and have failed to set it up properly.
I would however add on a side note that the FF400 tends not to always retain its mix settings after I set them up with the firewire connected, but I've also tried a similar set up with an old Motu 828 mk2 with a similar lack of success ( havn't tried the Ad800 yet because it only has xlr outs and i don't have the appropriate cables handy )

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

cheers
Pendle

Re: FF400 adat slave to UFX

anybody ?

It should work fine, so I expect you missed some step along the way. Did you route the output signal to the UFX ADAT out? Is the FF400 matrix configured to route ADAT in to Analog out? Did you flash the mixer settings to the FF400 internal memory?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff

Good to hear that it "should" work . I'm pretty sure I've done those things, but I've obviously got it a bit wrong somewhere. I'll have another go at it.

cheers

Maybe you could be a little more specific than "I can't get it to work properly"... What exactly is not working as expected? Some screenshots might help, too.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME