1 (edited by icarushs 2012-05-17 19:25:48)

Topic: Babyface with POD configuration?

Hi, I'm using BF and POD HD500 with my MacBook(Not Pro, running OS X Lion and I'm using Logic pro 9)
Connecting BF and POD through USB into my MacBook and group them as aggregate input and just set BF as main output on the sound setting. (set BF as master clock)
And BF has connected to midi keyboard through midi cable.
While recording or even playback, I exeperience pop noises(distorted sound overall) on playback as well as my guitar input signals after few minutes. so I had to change audio setting as BF to be a main in/out for a while and bring the earlier setting again to make things normal.

Is my setting wrong? I was trying to tick the drift correction box for both devices to see if that makes any difference and it actually helped a bit better than before but still my POD guitar sound starts poping at some stage. And what the drift correction function dose anyway?

Could anyone please advise? It is very important for me as I have to use that setting on the stage?

Much appreciated in advance.

Kyle

Re: Babyface with POD configuration?

I assume there is no physical sync between the two devices - this is likely to cause the clicks etc. when clocks drift apart. You could connect from the POD's SPDIF output to the BF's optical in - but that would require a converter from coax to optical.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME