Topic: FF400 & GuitarPro 6

Hi to all,

I've problem with Guitar Pro 6, it works well with built in audio card (Imac and also Powerbook), but when I use the FF400 it begins to have cracks, pops, slowing times...

I've tried to ask to GP6 forums and, after to have downloaded and installed the last beta version, the problem remains. So they've suggested to ask here.

May you help me, please?

My Macs are: iMac Late 2006 with 3 Gb of ram and Powerbook Mid 2009 with 4 Gb of ram, both with Lion, both Core 2 Duo, both with anything at last version: FF400 drivers, FF400 GP6 last beta (as I wrote before):

http://i.imgur.com/VoCCl.png

http://i.imgur.com/WZsW7.png

Re: FF400 & GuitarPro 6

Does the FF Settings dialog count up errors when you play music? Did you try a different FW-cable?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Does the FF Settings dialog count up errors when you play music?

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Can you explain me better, please?

MC wrote:

Did you try a different FW-cable?

No, I'll do when I'll come back home.

Thanks.

There's someone else that could explain to me what FF "Settings dialog" is and how understand when count up errors, please?
Thanks.

There's someone else that could explain to me what FF "Settings dialog" is and how understand when count up errors, please?

This is the Fireface Settings dialog (see your screenshot above). There is a built-in error counter.

best regards
Knut

Thanks, Knut.
Sunday I'll change the fw cable (I'm using the one included in FF card box) try to repeat the "incident".

Hi all,
today I've done this actions:

1. changed the FF400 cable, with a new fw400 one;
2. disconnected the cable and external hd connected in the bus port of the FF400;
3. disconnected the Lacie external hd in the fw800 port (just for prudence);
4. disconnected any other else usb device;

and after a while of using with GP6 and only GP6 (no problem with Sibelius 7, GuitarRig, Logic, iTunes, QMidi, KJams... and other else programs that at the moment I can't remember) the problem appears again.

This is the grab of the FF settings, thanks for any help:

http://i.imgur.com/XHltS.png

Hi, after almos a month, may I have a reply, please? HeadScratch

If the problem is limited to GP6, then it is unlikely to be an issue of the FF400, and we may not be able to help directly. Have you contacted the software manufacturer with the information that other programs have no problems?
Is there a setting for audio latency in GP6? If so, have you tried increasing it?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

we may not be able to help directly

Ok, now I know it. It wasn't so hard to do it. ;-)

RME Support wrote:

Have you contacted the software manufacturer with the information that other programs have no problems?

Yes, I've done it.

iFab wrote:

I've tried to ask to GP6 forums and, after to have downloaded and installed the last beta version, the problem remains. So they've suggested to ask here.

RME Support wrote:

Is there a setting for audio latency in GP6? If so, have you tried increasing it?

I didn't find any setting to do it.