Topic: best volume control HDSP AES 32

Hi
I am quite pleased with my new HDSP AES32 card coupled with the JRiver's MC17 player.  I use only 4 output channels for now and will use 8 when all dacs being in place.
My question is about which pannel is the best for volume control?

There is two options on the AES 32 mixer,  the input and playback pannels.  They both apears to work fine without quality looses.
I can't figure which one I should keep in place and just move the other one cursors for volume control?

Hope you understood my japaneese :-)

best regards
jacques

2 (edited by vinark 2012-05-18 08:20:09)

Re: best volume control HDSP AES 32

As long as they are one on one (one playback to one output channel) it doesn´t matter. But If you send multiple playback channels to one output channel it is easier to just use the output channel instead of adjusting all playback channels. So in my line of thinking adjusting the output channel is the most effective way. But quality is the same.

Hope you understand my Dutch :-)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

3 (edited by jacqland 2012-05-18 16:51:19)

Re: best volume control HDSP AES 32

vinark wrote:

As long as they are one on one (one playback to one output channel) it doesn´t matter. But If you send multiple playback channels to one output channel it is easier to just use the output channel instead of adjusting all playback channels. So in my line of thinking adjusting the output channel is the most effective way. But quality is the same.

Hope you understand my Dutch :-)

Ok, I see your point.

thanks vinark
PS;  your Dutch is very democratic:-)