Topic: ff400 and forthcoming apple laptops

hi first of all sorry if im a little bit early about this one...
but im seriously concerned about the rumours regarding apple that is not featuring fw connection on the new forthcoming laptops (release date is probably june 2012) hmm
Im considering to buy one so is there a workaround to connect a ff400 with the new standards like usb 3.0 and thunderbolt...
HeadScratch
my current setup is a mbp 2007 alongside a cinema display and rme ff400 connected to the firewire port of my cinema display... everything works great on sl 10.6.8. :-)
tnx in advance
m.

Re: ff400 and forthcoming apple laptops

Im considering to buy one so is there a workaround to connect a ff400 with the new standards like usb 3.0 and thunderbolt...

A Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter, like this one, will work.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

A Thunderbolt to FireWire adapter, like this one, will work.

best regards
Knut

you mean a new cinema display? (mine is an older one with the dvi/usb/fw connection)

tnx

m.

Yes, an adapter, like the newer thunderbolt cinema display. Or a TB <> Expresscard adapter (Sonnet) and a FireWire expresscard.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

Yes, an adapter, like the newer thunderbolt cinema display. Or a TB <> Expresscard adapter (Sonnet) and a FireWire expresscard.

best regards
Knut

tnx actually I already own a expresscard with 2 fw ports...

Maybe it's better to wait the release to make the right choice cool

m.