Topic: FireFace UCX Latency question

Hello,

I have read the manual and it is still not clear to me.
What is the lowest possible working latency with the FireFace UCX, in 44.1, 48, 88 and 96 sample rates.
Assuming PC power is not a problem.
Will I get lower latency with HDSPe AIO + preamp?

2 (edited by soundstorm 2012-05-22 10:06:41)

Re: FireFace UCX Latency question

<bump>
I am also very interested in this answer as I try to decide between the AIO Card and the UCX.
Does give the AIO less latency over UCX and if yes, by how much/in which situations? (Mostly interested in ASIO/VSTi latency). DeadHorse

There is a list of AD/DA latencies in the manual. Minimum audio buffer latency is 32 samples for AIO and 48 for UCX.

4 (edited by soundstorm 2012-05-22 11:56:24)

@Mooie_D: Sorry for stealing your topic, but I guess/hope it does answer your questions also...

Ok, thanks! Just to be sure: With my PCI soundcard I can only go to 64 Samples which crackles a bit so I raise it to 128 samples. With this setting in Cubase at 96kHz I get around 1.5ms of latency with no cracks/noise (just playing one instrument of course :-)). So with the 48 samplebuffer from the UCX, I should be able to match or have better latency, correct? And with the AIO possibly even a little more than my card and UCX (if the PC can handle it)?

The UCX seems perfect, but I don't want to have lower latency than now with my PCI card. If not possible with the UCX, I'd go for the AIO...