Topic: secondhand multiface 1 with pcmcia (flat connector) new install

Hi I'm just a little confused, I've recently acquired the multiface with flat cardbus adapter. At this point i have no idea how up to date or otherwise the firmware on the card will be. looking at the drivers I can download for my win7 system, the driver 3.27 says it requires a flash update, and the flash update says it requires a driver already in place.. so what am I to do first? Should I maybe install an earlier driver (3.085) so that i can do the flash update?

What are the chances of my bricking the cardbus card, like it says in the readme? can i protect against that?
The pcmcia card is going to be in a PCI-PCMCIA adapter in a tower system, not a laptop.

Thanks in advance, i'm new to rme and hoping to get the install right smile
mark

Re: secondhand multiface 1 with pcmcia (flat connector) new install

3.27 requires the update for operation, not for installation...
And chances of the update going wrong can not be specified in percent or so, sorry - we are also not aware or specific factors that would make that more likely or prevent it...

I would tend to think that trying to flash the card in an adapter might be less than ideal. It could work, but there really is no guarantee.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ok, so i can simply install 3.27 and run the flash updater that comes with it.. thanks. I'll cross my fingers that it works...

You could first install older drivers, like 2.94 from the archive or 3.085 (might also need an update, though, depending on current status), to see whether the card works well in the adapter. If not, an update may also fail more likely....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

sorry if i'm being really stupid, but i couldn't find 2.94 in the archive, and is it win7 friendly?

oh i should say win7 32bit.  any pointers to where i might find the 2.94 driver? i've tried randomly guessing filenames/directories, but with no luck smile

does a full driver archive exist? anyone?

ah, ok i found the archive:
http://www.rme-audio.de/old/english/dow … rivers.htm

ok, pcmcia hardware was at revision 10, so even 2.94 demanded an upgrade. flashed ok to 15, so then i went ahead and installed 3.27 and flashed to revision 17. computer seems to think everything's fine. not put any sound through yet, though, that'll have to wait.

pci to pcmcia card is an el cheapo from amazon, i think it described itself as 'maxvalue'
windows 7 picked it up as ENE CB1410. hope that helps someone.