Topic: Madiface + Sonnet + Reaper

Hi!

I´m recording 48 tracks live with this setup:
Midas Pro9
RME Madiface
Sonnet Expresscard to Thunderbolt
Mac Mini with 2,5 Ghz , 8 GB RAM, 5400 rpm HD,
Reaper software

When recording it seems to work just fine, but I´ve had som strange dropouts.
Some short parts of audio is missing. There is no gap in the waveforms and no other indication.
Reaper software performance meter is quite low all the time.

Have any of you had problems like this?

Do anyone know how to make the necessary adjustments in Reapers setup?

Stig M. Sørheim

Re: Madiface + Sonnet + Reaper

This has now got me worried.

I took the plunge and got bought a Mac Mini and Logic with a view to buying a Digiface to hook up my Orpheus and MR816 via ADAT.  Was just about to buy the Digiface, HDSPe ExpressCard and Sonnet Echo Express adapter.

Most other reports seem to suggest no problems with the Sonnet Echo Express adapter.

Have/are RME going to officially test the Sonnet Echo Express with the HDSPe ExpressCard?

Is this likely a Madiface with large I/O count problem?

Logic 10.7.2 - macOS Monterey 12.7.5
HDSPe Digiface via ExpressCard Adapter
Fireface UFX III & UCX I

Is anyone running the MADIFACE with a Midas Pro2?

4 (edited by DanRand 2012-05-29 20:36:51)

Seeing as this popped up and my name is on it...

Got the Digiface with the Sonnet Echo Express/HDSPe ExpressCard and everything works perfectly.  Running with 32 sample Logic I/O Buffer no problem on a Mac Mini Server 2011 running Logic 9.

Only problem I'm having is with an Orpheus in ADAT Direct mode.  The damn thing is adding extra latency of 178-220 samples (3.7ms - 4.5ms) @ 48k.  Had this confirmed by Prism who say it's using the Firewire buffers even though the Firewire cable is disconnected and not being used ?!?!.  Kind of negates a big part of my reason for getting the Digiface.  I've only seen a 2ms decrease in overall RTL.  Not happy.  Can't see any reason to have that amount of buffering in the Orpheus just for routing 8 channels of ADAT I/O??

Anyway, Digiface with Sonnet Echo Express working perfectly....

Logic 10.7.2 - macOS Monterey 12.7.5
HDSPe Digiface via ExpressCard Adapter
Fireface UFX III & UCX I