Topic: Babyface Guitar output only 1 channel?

Hi

Sorry to start a new thread for what I suspect is a simple problem but I can't find an answer anywhere.

I bought a RME Babyface today and after finally finding the INST button in TotalMix to enable the Guitar input, I now only get levels on the right channel.

In TotalMix and on the Units LED's only the right side is lighting up?

I've tried setting Stereo in the TotalMix AN1/2 and turned on MS Proc but it hasn't helped.
Also when recording in Cubase the levels where extremely low?

I'm using latest Drivers and on Win 7 64bit.

Hope you can help thanks

Re: Babyface Guitar output only 1 channel?

The instrument is a mono input, so this is all correct. As for the low level, did you use the gain knob in TM FX to increase the input signal?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Rakber 2012-05-29 20:06:33)

Re: Babyface Guitar output only 1 channel?

Hi Jeff thanks for the reply.

Ahh I see, I should have known that doh! I've not tried computer recording for a few years so am totally noob at this sorry.

So if I go through my mini Behringer desk using the Breakout XLR would it still be Mono?
I'm just waiting to get hold of some XLR cables to try this route.

Is there anyway to record guitar in stereo

However I'm now getting another strange error where the output is also mono.

I've connected the Breakout Cables Phones output to the back of my hi fi and when I run test in Windows Playback Device sound it only rings out of one speaker?

I read somewhere I should use my onboard sound as the output device on Windows. Is this correct?

I still have my old Delta 1010LT installed and can't seem to get sound from the Babyface when selecting that as default device either. But the test rings in both speakers.

Thanks