Topic: FIREFACE 400 - Installation Process Out Of Date

I am a sound designer working at Sony and we have chosen Fireface 400 interfaces for our team running on Windows 7 64 bit machines. We have been having continuous issues with these pieces of hardware since we bought them. Currently, my colleagues device has been abandoned and mine stopped working yesterday. I'm try to re-install the drivers following the step outlined here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

They are out-of-date and do not reflect the window options I'm presented with. These documents look like they were originally made for Windows XP users. Is there a chance that you could update these properly (rather than the additional forum post, id=7348, that addresses part of the issue) to reflect the current installation process on WIndows 7 machines?

Many thanks,
Iain

Re: FIREFACE 400 - Installation Process Out Of Date

The W7-specific post addresses the initial steps required due to the lack of automatic hardware installation wizard. The actual installation is very similar to the one in XP, even though some windows may look differentl. It is important to manually point the installation routine to the unzipped driver folder.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This doesn't help. Some of the windows have completely different options and some of the options listed in your instructions do not appear when I go through the process.

We've uninstalled the drivers, updated the firmware, installed the new drivers and still have no sound. The system says the device is installed properly and everything is fine.

Then probably the issue is not one of the actual installation... Will the mixer and settings open? Could you be a bit more specific than "no sound"?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It doesn't seem to be a problem with the installation, but an up-to-date installation guide relevant to the target operating system would be helpful.

When trying to play back a wav in media player, the name of the file comes up and the play button is clickable, but it won't play. In Soundforge the file loads and I can see the waveform. I click play and the playhead moves, stops after 0.1 seconds and that is all; no sound. The meters in SF light up briefly as playback initiates; meters in the fireface mixer do nothing. Any ideas?

Any suggestions as to what I can try to get the Fireface working?