Topic: Multiface II configured properly with Cubase 6.5

Sure it's something really straightforward, but how do I route the input --> analog input --> Totalmix --> *record* in Cubase!

I've got playback & monitor covered - I just can't get any signal to the record channel in Cubase!

Many thanks -

H :-)

Re: Multiface II configured properly with Cubase 6.5

No routing in Totalmix required - the mixer is bypassed in the recording path. It's all a matter of the Cubase configuration. If you see a signal on the Totalmix inputs, Cubase can record it with correctly configured input busses...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Don't you guys sleep! :-)

My ~current~ recording environment means that my signal is routed through an external hardware mixer into a multiface analog input; in Cubase I have 'VST Audio System' set to 'ASIO Hammerfall DSP' of course, and 'VST Connections - Inputs' set to multiface analog input 1 & 2.  No Problem! When I send signal from the mixer, I get record level on the Cubase input.

But wishing to eliminate the external mixer, I can send signal direct to RME Analog input, AND see incoming levels in Totalmix - but the Cubase input meter stays innactive.

Here is the missing piece! I haven't been able to route anything in Totalmix - or set anything in Cubase that connects the two signals!

It seems so simple -yet not working - that when I find out what I'm doing wrong I will hide for a month in shame :-)

PS. I may be in bed before you can answer, so no worries about replying within 30 seconds ;-)

Is my month of shame up yet!

Schoolboy error - I failed to grasp that the Totalmix 'In' ARE THE SAME as the Cubase 'In'.
I was of course trying to connect outs to ins -

Now, just need to get to grips with routing to an external compressor - I can get it to sort of work, but I'm getting feedback if I push the volume, so I've obviously set up some kind of feedback loop.

If, for instance, I'm using In & Out of channel 8 to connect an external compressor that I want to use in-line to compress a signal that is coming in live on channel 7, I presume that I'd route the output to channel 8 and record the input of channel 8 as the compressed signal.

But that's where I get feedback - I guess channel 7 is still 'live' somewhere?

If anyone has a simple checklist, that'd be a great help!!

Many thanks,

H :-)