Topic: UFX Feature requests: UFX LCD on my PC & Compressor Gain Reduction

Hi,

I use my UFX now for a couple of weeks for quite some sessions (upgraded from my FF800).

Everything is perfect but there are two "Features" I would really miss:

1) the compressor gain reduction should be shown in the Totalmix FX

2) I would like to have Win7 gadget or other floating window on my desktop showing the exact display of the UFX LCD.
  why? I really miss a small and efficient tool to see the overs on my screen somewhere near my DAW.
  I expected such a feature with DigiCheck (showing all channels with peak db), but there isn't.

what would you think about such features?

greets,

Mike

Re: UFX Feature requests: UFX LCD on my PC & Compressor Gain Reduction

1) the compressor gain reduction should be shown in the Totalmix FX

>>> YES <<<

Dynamics metering ( Comp & Exp ) is a must !! Both are almost useless without accurate metering.
Especially for Compressors with good algorithms.fryingpan

Cheers

Yes please. Give us some metering in the dynamic area.

RME Fireface UFX
Mac Mini 2.6 GHz 16 GB Ram Areca RAID | MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz 16 GB Ram | OS 10.10.5

Compression on every channel was one of the reasons why I bought the UFX. Units from MOTU and TC Electronic are half the price of the UFX and have the gain reduction indicator for years in the same product category. I strongly encourage to add this feature. I even demand some kind of technical explanation why it's not there from the design phase smile

Fireface-UFX, Mac OSX 10.6, Logic 9, BCF2000, AC-7 user, vocalist, live sound recording

Geht es denn mittlerweile? Ich kann leider keine Videos finden, die das mal zeigen. Wäre für mein geplantes Upgrade aber ein Must-Have-Feature...

Geht es denn mittlerweile?

Ja.

Gruß
Knut