Topic: Loopback question

Hello!  I am loving my babyface!  I do have a question about recording reverb and/ or delay.  It seems as the babyface only has two inputs, the loopback only appears on the main output and not the phones.  While I understand I cannot "loop back" to an input that doesn't exist, I want to know if I can record verb/ delay without turning off the monitor amp (or unplugging it).

I usually track late at night with headphones, but I mix and such with monitors as much as I can albeit at a low volume because the wife and kid are sleeping then.

With loopback engaged on output 1/2 (Main with old names) sonar does not see signal on the appropriate input channel unless the main fader is up.   

Is there a workaround or any way to assign via an AS output channel or anything, or do I just turn the amp off?  I have tried to assign the output of the channel I am recording on to ADAT 1 output, but that loops back to the digital inputs correct?

Thanks very much!
-eric

Re: Loopback question

I think I figured it out, at least partially.  I can assign that corresponding ADAT number as the sonar track input, engage loopback on the same ADAT hardware output, and it does print the effect. 

Is there an easier way?

Thanks!
-eric