Topic: fireface400 has all the lights on all the time

I just recently got a FF400 and when I plug all the cords in every single light turns on. Then, the signal lights go off but every other light stays on and I can't use the Fireface.

I am trying to use it through my macbook pro, I got it off of ebay and had to replace the two first inputs manually but am pretty sure that nothing was screwed up in the process. The guy also said it was just those two things that needed to be replaced and that everything worked fine.

Any ideas to what the problem could be?

Re: fireface400 has all the lights on all the time

I got a call back from the support guy at rme, he said it could be because my model is older and isnt getting enough power, any way to fix this?

Some very early FF 400 units can be modified for slightly lower power consumption (newer ones don't need this). Please send me the serial number and I'll find out whether yours is one of these. Otherwise, your MBP may not be providing enough power, this is the case on some, and it would even apply to newer units.

Have you tested this with an external power supply?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yeah I tried to use a 9-volt on it, it still did the same thing. sometimes it goes crazy and starts flickering, so idk if its just malfunctioning or something.

Possible... Did you also switch to external power when connecting the PSU?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

is PSU firewire? I tried both ways to power it on.

PSU refers to the external supply. The question was whether you also changed the switch at the back when connecting external power.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yeah I did switch the thing on the back of my rme.