Topic: More than one application can use FF400?

Most of the time it appears that only one program can use the FF400 on my laptop at any time.  Once any new program that uses audio is launched (such as a DAW), other programs (like Windows Media Player, Firefox, etc.) go mute. 

Occasionally some programs will share the FF400 but one will make horrible distorted noises.  And in very rare cases, two programs seem to share the FF400 just like you would think would be normal. 

I am on Vista and I believe I have the latest drivers (2.9992, hardware revision 1.70).  Thanks.

Re: More than one application can use FF400?

The latest drivers are 3.067 and they fix this behaviour.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Wembley 2012-06-05 03:00:57)

Thanks.  I was reading this page and it looks like 3.067 is only for Windows 7, not Vista.  Am I reading it wrong?  I am on 32 bit Vista.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … r_fireface

They are downward compatible.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I installed v 3.067 and it caused a big performance hit.  Small projects were ok but medium and large ones would act as if I had half the processor.  I rolled back to 2.9992 and everything was fine but if there is something else I should know that would be great.  Thanks.

Is there a link somewhere to Flash Update v 1.70?  The FF400 is dropping out after 5-10 minutes, and it needs to be power cycled or else the PC does.  I tried Google but only came up with text references, not the Zip file.  Thanks.