Topic: spdif in the hammerfall 9652

hi

im having a problem with my hdsp 9652

i bought it used on ebay, but as working condition.
i install it and everything, and i already recorded with the card, but i can figure how to monitor the audio

Im trying to use the digital breakout cable that includes left and right spdif channels as rga cables, so i connect them to the monitors, but i didnt worked.

I want to know how set up the spdif out to have audio for monitoring

Thanks
joel

Re: spdif in the hammerfall 9652

please respond me, i connect the spdif out directly to my computer speakers, do this is right? i use a simple RCA to 1/4" analog cable, but the speaker dont reproduce the sound at all, so we i have to connect this spdif rca outs?

jtrochez wrote:

hi

im having a problem with my hdsp 9652

i bought it used on ebay, but as working condition.
i install it and everything, and i already recorded with the card, but i can figure how to monitor the audio

Im trying to use the digital breakout cable that includes left and right spdif channels as rga cables, so i connect them to the monitors, but i didnt worked.

I want to know how set up the spdif out to have audio for monitoring

Thanks
joel

You realise that spdif is a digital format? Do your speakers accept spdif input? By the sounds of your cabling they don't.  One of the rca cables is spdif in and the other is spdif out.

The HDSP 9652 only has digital ins and outs as standard. For analogue I/O you need the expansion cards or an external AD or DA converter

Isaac P

i connect them to my Yamaha 02r SPDIF input, and worked good.

Thanks
Joel

Yes, because the mixer has got a digital input. Your speakers don't. Please learn what SPDIF stands for, Google and Wikipedia will help.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME