Topic: UFX & Sequoia - DSP load

I have a brandnew Asus Zenbook Prime (core i7, Windows 7 x64), and my (also brandnew) Fireface UFX (via USB) won't run properly with ASIO. MME is ok, but ASIO produces permanent dropouts.

DSP meter in Magix Sequoia says it's CPU overload (up to 300% CPU useage), while Windows Task manager reads only 20%. So something is severly wrong there. When using MME drivers the CPU usage displays in Sequoia & Task manager are aproximately the same.

Anyway I would love to use ASIO with my UFX! Can anyone please give some useful advice on this? I have installed all new drivers & firmware, all Windows updates, latest Sequoia version. Also tried this on a different notebook (Fujitsu Lifebook S761), same problems.

Thanks!
Jonas

Re: UFX & Sequoia - DSP load

The problem is unrelated to the Mac issue, therefore I split the thread. Which driver exactly have you installed? There is no MME support any longer.

Also Try running this and post a screenshot in a new thread. http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok DPC Latency checker reports around 120mys withouth peaks. This should be ok.

I set up two similar projects (6 instances of a stereofile on 6 stereo tracks, makes a total of 12 channels of 192K/24 Bit audio) in Sequoia 12 and Reaper 4.22. I changed ASIO buffer settings from 1024 to 4096. In any case Reaper played this fluently as it should be while Sequoia stutters and reports loads of errors and asks me to reduce the amount of tracks and/or plugins (I have none activated).

Also Digicheck records 12 channels in 192Khz without problems. So this seems to be a Sequoia issue (btw. same problem in Version 10 and 12), which may be a relieve for RME but not for me :-(

If anyone can suggest something useful, I'd be very thankful.

Regards
Jonas

Thanks for the feedback - back to Magix support with these test results would be my advice for now, and see what they say.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME