1 (edited by robinba 2012-06-23 14:07:19)

Topic: Fireface UC

Hi!

I'm experiencing a strange problem with my Fireface UC. Once every hour i will get a dropout of audio that causes the music to loose its timing. As well as this the fireface usb settings dialog shows a new error in the "Errors: x/xx" dialogue. I've been monitoring it today and it will play my liveset fluently from after each error until the next an hour later. Dpc latency checker produced a red spike on one of these occasions, but not on the next 2 I observed. They showed the norm that will be around 60-120 us. I am running at 64 samples and whish to do so as it is live music with vocals going through software. And it is running like a charm apart from these incidents once an hour. Appart from maybe some background program doing something once an hour I cant think of any reason for this? I have checked all my background processes and I only have the necessary ATI graphics drivers stuff running, microsoft things, macdrive service(installed by protools) and something for the synaptics touchpad mouse.

EDIT: the same thing happens at 96Samples . exactly 1 hour since the last one and I changed the buffersize inbetween...

any help is appreciated.

Intel i7 M620 2,67Ghz Laptop from ADK
8gb ram
64bit w7
Fireface UC

Re: Fireface UC

Tip 1: google for events happening every hour (network...).
Tip 2 (even better): ask the guys at ADK. They will help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

If the dropout is hourly, try setting the hard drive controller mode from AHCI to IDE in the BIOS.
See e.g. http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4354

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi thanks for the quick replies! I dont have this setting in my bios, but it got me onto the right track. Turns out it was indeed that I had put a second harddrive in the cd-drive slot and just removing it sorted things, not a fix as such but Its fine running the session of the c drive for live performance.  Now in fact im runnning at 48 samples with no hickups! Shiiiit!

thanks again!