1 (edited by _rk_ 2012-06-25 13:09:40)

Topic: Mac newbe-question: Multi Channel for standard apps?

SOLVED !

I got help from some Mobius user. There is an audio I/O channel addressing inside the software.
Sorry for taking your time.

Now live looping with software and low latency FF looks like a perfect alternative to my B*ss RC50.

Best,
RK

=================
Hi,

I would like to playback + record my softsampler (NI Kontakt, standalone mode) with my looper-app (Mobius, standalone mode). But it seems, that both apps can only address the same single stereo audio output "Fireface UCX" on my Mac. This signal then shows in TM as "software playback AN1/2".

When I route the "software playback" back to my Mac to record with Mobius, Mobius will naturally record it's own playback as well.

I was expecting, that either in Kontakt or in Mobius I would have the choice to select a different outputs (e.g. "UCX 1/2", "UCX3/4", etc). Thus I could differentiate between my live play of Kontakt player (for monitoring and recording) and the playback of Möbius (for monitoring only).

So far I couldn't find a way to configure my FF UCX to show up with more than one stereo slot as audio output for my Mac. Do I miss something?

Specs:
Mac: iMac late 2009, OSX 10.5.8
TM: v 0963 OSX
UCX firmware: v42
UCX driver: v1.68

Thanks in advance!
RK