Topic: Best motherboard for Fireface UC

Hello everybody,
I would like to put together a new DAW. As I have the luxury to start from scratch I would like to build it around the requirements of my Audio Interface. Which motherboard would you recommend? Would like to use CPU i7 2600k. I have in mind the Asus P8 Z77-V Pro in mind.
What do I need to look out for in order to achieve best low latency settings eventually? I have done a lot of googling but do not find satysying answers to what fits best the Fireface UC  Many thanks for all responses!

Re: Best motherboard for Fireface UC

I think there's neither much trouble nor a big difference considering mainboard <> low latency.

Searching for working boards for my FF 800 one of the main criteria was to find one with a Texas Instruments firewire chip, told to be the most troublefree. There should be no such need for any kind of USB interface. RME drivers are very well written.

Ok thanks it's looking positive. Any issues about USB needing to be bus powered, or how to tell what are the best USB motherboard combos out there? Also most motherboards have a combo of USB 2.0 and 3.0. Should a Fireface be plugged in the 2.0 or 3.0 ?? I read it should work on both... Thanks!

I am currently using http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ … P8Z68V_LX/ with 8 gig ram and 2700k cpu, stable as hell. Running of an 120gb SSD drive too, runs like sh!t of a stick.

I have the RME fireface uC and my access virus on the same USB controller too as I dont yet trust the USB 3 ports, heard horrible installation stories about them.