Topic: regular dropouts w UCX

Hi, I've been experiencing regular playback dropouts recently, and sometimes in recordings, and I'm pretty sure they only started after upgrading to the latest drivers. I reset the power management but it's had no effect.

Fireface UCX used with USB
Mac Mini 2011, OSX 10.7.3, firmware v42, driver 1.72.
I'm using Ableton Live for recording.

Re: regular dropouts w UCX

It would help if you rolled back to the driver before the upgrade then and report back how that affects the dropouts.

Hi Timur, thanks,
is it OK to use the latest Totalmix with a previous driver then? How about the firmware?

OK so I downgraded the driver to 1.68, but still experience dropouts.

Right... after downgrading both driver and firmware but still experiencing the glitches, I started plugging and unplugging other USB devices. At the moment, I reckon that having an SD card inserted in the Mac Mini's slot is the culprit. Does this seem likely? I presume my problem is not widespread, otherwise there would be a lot more noise about it!

Yes, that is possible. Is there more than one USB port on the Mini? Does it make a difference to use another port?

Yes there are 4 ports... I didn't try another port, but after 2 days now, the dropouts no longer happen since I took out the SD card.