1 (edited by esteban 2012-07-01 16:36:08)

Topic: Adding another interface

Hi to all,
I would like a piece of advice about the possibility of adding a new RME interface to my setup, but first I would like to describe my situation:
Im not a technician but a classical musician and I use my Fireface UC along with a pair of Schoeps microphones to record my own CDs at a professional level.
Up to now I have used this equipment very succesfully to record only myself but I plan to record a duo with a Cellist in the future. So here is the question: As I am very happy with my UC, should I buy another one, so using two UCs connected to the same computer ? My only concern is the quality of the mic preamps,  effects and other improvments of the like doesnt really interest me, or should I try another option ?
thanks for your help
Esteban

Re: Adding another interface

You should think about the UFX, giving you 4 mic inputs plus lots of further options (especially the stand-alone USB recording should be interesting). You can then either sell the UC, or keep it as a backup system, or use it as stand-alone converter for two more mics into AES or ADAT of the UFX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,
Stand-alone usb recording means that I wouldnt need a computer to record ?

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

wow, thats amazing. So the interface comes with its own recording software ? sorry to be reiterative, but when I read the specs of the ufx it wasnt clear for me.

Please read here: http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_ufx.php#2

And this video shows how it works: http://youtu.be/mZcx3Et_hlg

best regards
Knut

esteban wrote:

So the interface comes with its own recording software ?

No, and I never said that.

esteban wrote:

sorry to be reiterative, but when I read the specs of the ufx it wasnt clear for me.

Then please download the manual and study chapter 31. It will tell you all you can do and not do with the DURec feature.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME