1 (edited by sandersd 2012-07-07 03:04:45)

Topic: Product Suggestion: Allow Totalmix FX resize

In Windows 7 the text height can be enlarged to make it more readable at higher resolutions (1920x1080). I have mine set at 140%. In IE or Chrome the text height can be set larger or smaller depending on personal preference.

However in Totalmix FX none of the settings have any effect on the size of the graphics - they remain tiny and very difficult to read without moving right up to the screen. The text looks to be about 8pt!

Please update the GUI on Totalmix to make it respond to individual users requirements and preferences. Not everyone is able to see the tiny graphics and one shouldn't have to strain to do so when using a 24" monitor. The graphics should be scalable to fit the available space and user needs. The text height should not be fixed. The icon sizes should not be fixed.

Personally I would adjust my computer's settings so Totalmix FX displays at twice the size it is now. Then I can see what I'm doing from 36"(1 meter) away. That's my preference - other's may differ. That's why Windows made text and window elements scalable from XP through version 7.

RME should update the GUI in Totalmix so the components and text can be resized according to users needs.

Your thoughts please.

Re: Product Suggestion: Allow Totalmix FX resize

This would be nice, but Totalmix uses 1:1 bitmap/raster graphics - not "vector graphics" which would be conducive to re-sizing (especially going larger).

I doubt RME is interested in re-vamping TM in this fashion - but it would indeed be welcomed!!!

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Randy is right. We have discussed all variations already in-house, from free bitmap scaling up to fixed versions. So far our plan is to add at least one more bigger size, 1.5x or 2x, so you have a choice. But I have no date for it.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Great! It would indeed be welcomed. TotalMix FX is a fantastic program and would be even better if I could see what I was doing. :-)

Looking forward to the issue being addressed.

5 (edited by juniton 2012-09-15 12:11:21)

Hi, any news in terms of the planned "resize option" within the totalmixer? Would be much appreciated! Thanks for a short Feedback!

MC wrote:

Randy is right. We have discussed all variations already in-house, from free bitmap scaling up to fixed versions. So far our plan is to add at least one more bigger size, 1.5x or 2x, so you have a choice. But I have no date for it.

[large]Sure would be nice to have a 2x sized mixer window...[/large]