Topic: Fireface 800, selecting submixes via midi (standalone mode)

Sorry if I'm being daft but between the manual and various threads I've read on this forum I'm still not clear on what exactly is possible regarding selecting submixes via midi in standalone mode with simple midi control.

My questions specifically are:

Is it actually possible to select (in standalone mode with simple midi control) which submix you are controlling via midi?

If so can all submixes be selected (i.e., Out 1/2, 3/4 etc... all the way through 9/10) or are the selections limited to specific outputs?

If any (or all) outputs/submixes can be selected via midi what specific midi commands must be used?  Again please forgive me if I'm being daft but could the midi commands be spelled out in detail (e.g. use midi channel xx, cc number xx or midi channel xx, note xx).

Thanks in advance for your patience with my lack of understanding!

p

Re: Fireface 800, selecting submixes via midi (standalone mode)

That is indeed in the manual, chapter 32.7. REC Ch. 1 – 8 selects output bus (current submix). The submix selection is limited to the currently used Mackie 8-channel block. The MIDI notes behind Rec Ch. 1-8 are found for example here:

http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for that link to the Mackie information, very helpful.

Regarding chapter 32.7, I had seen that but didn't understand if it applies to standalone mode with simple midi control. So to use those messages do I have to enable Mackie protocol in any way?

Am I understanding correctly that only the first 8 outputs can be controlled this way?  Is there no way to call up the 9/10 outputs/submix?

Thanks!

Anyone know the answers to the above questions?

Matthias, based on your response I've attempted to emulate the Mackie protocol with simple midi control per the information in the link that you provided.  I am having no success calling up submixes this way.  I can control everything that the manual suggests that I should be able to control with simple midi commands, but when I try to use the chart in the link that you provided to emulate or achieve some of the control functions that are available via Mackie protocol I have no success. I have enabled Mackie control, is there some other step that I could be missing?  I would like to be able to call up any of three different submixes, unfortunately using simple midi control I can only call up analog out 9+10 and analog out 1+2.

Has anyone successfully used the midi commands given in the link that Matthias provided above to emulate Mackie control using simple midi commands?

Thanks!

p