Topic: New Babyface hardly working with Windows 7

I just got a new Babyface two days ago. Installed it on Windows 7 PC. Updated the drivers to 1.024 and updated TotalMix FX to .983 and updated the firmware in the Babyface itself to the latest version.
One problem is that there is no sound coming from my speakers, only from the headphone ports, and I cannot hear any sound from mic inputs or guitar input, only from audio sources like the internet or music files that are already on the computer. Also, the guitar input on the side is not registering any sound input. A mic plugged into breakout cable Left input showed the input meters moving in TotalMix, but plugging a mic into the Right input was totally dead. I am using an optical audio cable (TOSLINK) from the Babyface output to the input on my monitors.
I have gone into the sound settings on the computer to make sure that the Babyface is selected as the input/recording source and as the output source: I've tried all of the input and output channels with no sound (except for internet and music files as described earlier). I've tried changing the various settings on the input and output: right now they are at 44100 Hz. The clock is set to internal on the Babyface settings, and it's always been in sync with whatever I've put the sound card at (currently 44100 Hz). I've tried a different USB cable and also attaching the second USB cable for extra power, but no luck. I've tried removing the breakout extension cable.
My computer recognizes the device, TotalMix controls move when I turn the dial, StudioOne x64 recording software recognizes that the device is plugged in. Is this ASIO related? Is this thing dead? Help!

Re: New Babyface hardly working with Windows 7

Seems like your signals are not routed properly in TotalMix. Please have a look on our tutorial videos, like this one: http://youtu.be/sCH3qVaLL-I

I am using an optical audio cable (TOSLINK) from the Babyface output to the input on my monitors.

If these are digital monitors (?) the surely work with the SPDIF format. Please check in the Babyface setup dialog, that the digital I/O is not set to ADAT (optical).

A mic plugged into breakout cable Left input showed the input meters moving in TotalMix, but plugging a mic into the Right input was totally dead.

Seems like you have activated the guitar input - as alternative source to Mic input 2. Deactivate the little Inst button in analog input 2 channel (setting flyout - click the little tool icon).

best regards
Knut

All of your suggestions worked. I probably should have read the TotalMix manual first. Thanks for the help. Now I can sleep soundly.

Great. Please study the manual and watch the tutorials. TotalMix is the most powerful digital mixer and signal router, ever built on a soundcard, it's worth to learn to handle it.

best regards
Knut