Topic: ADAT outputs stopped working

I have 3 Alesis AI3 ADAT interfaces connected to an original Digiface interface (which is in turn connected to a PCI HDSP card with the latest firmware). This is all running on a custom Core i7 PC with top-of-the-line components.

Everything has been working great in Cubase 6.5 x64 until this evening. Then all of a sudden all of the outputs from the ADAT interfaces stopped working. The weird thing is that all of the inputs continue to work. Moreover, I can monitor the mix through the Digiface headphone jack. So at least that output is working.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a Cubase issue because the Windows "Wave" output (assigned to ADAT outputs 1&2) stopped working as well.

All the settings in the HDSP mixer seem to be correct and I can see meter activity on both the inputs and outputs. I just can't hear anything coming out of the ADAT interfaces.

I have of course checked all the cables (both lightpipe and audio) and everything is fine. So I have no idea what's going on. Has anyone else ever encountered this situation where your outputs stopped working but everything else is ok?

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. This has me pulling my frickin' hair out!

Re: ADAT outputs stopped working

This may be a temporary problem. Did you perform a cold boot of everything? Otherwise the unit needs service.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME