Topic: RME Buffer Size/Latency only maxes out at 1152?

Hi,

I purchased my Babyface a year ago and used it quite extensively.  Then I rented out a studio that had a Apogee Duet hooked up to it that I used for convenience purposes for a while.  I have moved my studio and I am exclusively using my RME Babyface now.

The problem is when I ran the Apogee Duet (or plugged into my Mac Book pro's internal sound card w/ the 8th inch jack) I could run my Ableton Sessions with a buffer size of 2028 (or something around the 2000's I can't remember)

But now that I am using the Babyface I can only run my session up to buffer size/latency of 1152?!  This is causing me serious problems as I produce and mix pop electro tracks with some pretty heavy track/plugin counts.  And I'm going back to some old sessions I made with the Duet that totally max Live out on the Babyface because they were being run with a buffer size in the 2000's.... and now I am only able to go up to 1152. 

Am I missing something here?  Nobody seems to talk about this on the internet as the Duet (And using the internal soundcard) having the advantage of a high buffer size (and therefore more processing).  I seem to be the only one wondering this question in the world.  The manual says it can go up to 8000... ?

So what am I missing here?

I am running CoreAudio (Which now that I look at it is the DigiCore Audio Manager?  Which in the manager the buffer size is whited out at 512.  Could using Digicore audio be the reason for this?)