Topic: UFX + HDSP 9652, single speed adat + 96kHz possible?

Hi,

I just installed my brand new UFX. On this PC I also run a HDSP 9652, which I will use as a patchbay / pre-mixer for 16 analog inputs plus 8 digital inputs. I send 16 digital outputs to the two UFX adat ins. Everything is working fine at 48kHz (not with the latest UFX driver though, but more on that later). No wordclock (yet?), but the adat pipes show sync in the settings dialogs.

My question is about the "single speed" option. I can't really get the idea behind this. I want the asio driver of the UFX in my DAW to operate at 96kHz, while using the HDSP @ 48kHz. When I read the manual, I get the impression that the 'single speed' option is there to ensure that the adat ins are operating at a maximum samplerate of 48 kHz, even when the driver in my DAW operates at higher samplerates. But I can't make this happen. When switching to 96kHz the adat inputs are automatically turned into SMUX2 mode, so I loose half of my adat ins.

Does anyone know if this should be possible?

The problem I mentioned above about the latest UFX driver: I cannot use both Totalmixers at the same time. I use the latest HDSP driver. When using the UFX driver on the CD, everything works fine. Something is blocking the use of both mixers when installing the latest UFX driver. The settings dialog cannot be opened and even the asio driver cannot be selected in my DAW. Is this a known issue?

Regards,
Syah.

Re: UFX + HDSP 9652, single speed adat + 96kHz possible?

This will not work as intended, and the mixers of Fireface and HDSP cards are not known to interfere with each other. Please be more specific  about the nature of the problem.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by syah 2012-07-24 19:46:35)

I'm not really having a problem with using the older UFX driver (at least for now...) . If you want more details to investigate a potential bug, I will give you a step by step analysis on how to reproduced the issue.

The problem I have is that I don't understand the "single speed" option. Is this supposed to force a samplerate on or below 48kHz on the adat connections? I want to use the UFX asio driver in my DAW @ 96kHz and at the same time still use all 16 digital (adat) inputs on the UFX. I would gladly post all my current settings, but that would be useless if the single speed option is not intended for what I want.

So the basic question is: can the adat inputs (UFX) receive @ 48kHz and the analog inputs (UFX) and software tracks (UFX) run @ 96kHz at the same time?

syah wrote:

So the basic question is: can the adat inputs (UFX) receive @ 48kHz and the analog inputs (UFX) and software tracks (UFX) run @ 96kHz at the same time?

No. The "single speed" option is explained in the manual and unrelated to ADAT operation.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME