Topic: analog input of AIO for playing mp3 player music through the card ?

is this possible to use analog input of AIO for playing mp3 player music through the card so that the sound come in and go out from the analog output of the card ( input to output ) - if yes, how do i set this up in AIO software or OSX?

its not for recording input, this is for listening to MP3 player (or apple TV sound streaming from iphone actually) without the need of switching inputs on my amp ( computer or MP3 player ). in other words I want to have my computer to be playing music I play in Cubase and at the same time I want to stream music from external MP3 player connected to computer (AIO analog inputs) so that these signals are heard both simultaneously in OSX system (not using Ableton Live or Cubase for this especially, as I know this is possible)

please do not advise that I buy a mixer for 2 independent inputs (computer and MP3 player )

Thanks
Artur

Re: analog input of AIO for playing mp3 player music through the card ?

Yes, you can route the analog inputs to analog output with TotalMix, here's a simple tutorial:
http://youtu.be/splW9OtTBYw

Note that the input signal will go through the AD and DA converters of the card in this scenario.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.