Topic: Helping Windows 7 see my HDSPe AIO card

Greetings!

I've been happily using my HDSPe AIO card (including the two daughter cards) for more than a year, but now have a problem.  It's been located in a Magma expansion chassis (along with a UAD2-Duo card, etc.) and connected to a Dell laptop via an ExpressCard interface, and it's been an extremely stable system for me.  (I use eSATA for the external HD.)  The trouble is that the laptop's internal HD died, and when my Dell came back from service, they had--of course--put on a whole new OS, and I'm slowly rebuilding all my plug-ins, drivers, etc., etc. 

I also have a Babyface, and had no trouble getting that to happen, but when I connected the Magma expansion chassis, the Dell automatically loaded drivers for everything inside it, including the UAD card (since I had previously set up my little UAD Solo card) but, of course, the HDSPe AIO failed--which is what's supposed to happen, the first time.

I had previously downloaded the latest RME drivers but, contrary to the "read me" instructions, and despite multiple re-boots, the HDSPe card doesn't appear in the Device Manager/Sound, video and game controllers menu--little yellow triangle or not; it just isn't there (only the Babyface--if that's plugged in--and the two Dell built-in audio Codecs are).  So there's no opportunity for me to tell Windows to look in my Downloads folder for the new HDSPe 329 driver set waiting there to be installed, if the HDSPe AIO card isn't there for me to select!

So what can I do?  How can I remind Windows that the card is there, and it failed it a few minutes ago?  This is my "on location" computer, on which I use Pyramix for all my classical sessions, so it's rather critical for me.  When I get back to the studio, I attach the Magma expansion chassis to my main DAW (which has an HDSPe AES card inside), so I've got a double RME card setup in the control room.  Thanks!!

Re: Helping Windows 7 see my HDSPe AIO card

Maybe the AIO is now hidden in the Device Manager View? Go to menu View, check 'Show hidden devices' or similar..

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Helping Windows 7 see my HDSPe AIO card

Thanks, Matthias!
Well, it wasn't "hidden"--it was in plain sight!  Only it was called "Multimedia Audio Controller" and it was under "Other Devices."  Nothing about RME.  I took a chance and, yes, it was showing as PCI bus 8--which sounded like one of the Magma ones--and it seemed to "like" being pointed to my Downloads folder.  The driver was installed and, after rebooting, it's now listed under Sound, video and game controllers--where it ought to be--right underneath the Babyface, as RME HDSPe AIO.  I'm about to check it out, and see if it actually works, but I have a good feeling about this.  Thanks so much!  "Dr. Fred"