Topic: HDSP9652 PCI Syncheck blinking

Hello, I recently noticed in the Syncheck window of my RME HDSP9652 the ADAT 1 IN is blinking on and off randomly.  With my ADAT converter connected "sync" blinks, and with the converter removed and nothing plugged in "no lock" blinks.  I usually have two 8 channel converters plugged into ADAT 1 and ADAT 2 respectively.  Since the blinking began I have moved them into ADAT 2 and ADAT 3 and both show good sync without any blinking "sync". 

I am worried the ADAT 1 port in my card is failing, as well as how long ADAT 2&3 will function properly.

Has anyone had a similar problem and is there any fix for this?

I am using the latest driver for the RME and my computer specs are:

Intel Core i3-2125 CPU @330 GHz
Intel DP67BA motherboard
4 gigs RAM
Win 7 service pack 1
Sam V11.2.1

Thank You,

Lungboi

Re: HDSP9652 PCI Syncheck blinking

This can indeed happen. Have your card checked to be sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Do I send it to RME in Germany to have it checked out?  Are these repairable?  Do you think the non-blinking ADAT 2 & 3 ports would be dependable if ADAT 1 is failing?  Are they separate so to speak?

Thank You,

Lungboi

You are located where?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Kansas City, USA

Then Synthax US will check for you, please contact them.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

New to the forum, late for the thread.

I have the exact same issue as stated in the original post.

I have RME AEB8-I internally configured to ADAT2, Presonus Digimax 96k in ADAT3 synced with Word Clock. Both of these are steadily in sync.

I have been running Tascam FW-1884 ADAT I/O in RME ADAT1 (synced with Word Clock), and also MOTU 8pre (synced via ADAT), and with both of those and with different optical cables the sync blinks in Sync Check. When nothing is connected or turned off No Lock blinks.

I live in Finland, do I have an option here for check or repair? Or what are my options?

Thanks to anyone for input!

K