1 (edited by alfred 2012-08-12 15:17:54)

Topic: Suddenly after a few years of good service..ff800 goes toatlly twisted

Ok....frightening story which happened to me.
I was working on project 30 min ago....suddenly no more connections with the DAW....ALL LED CLIPPING AS HELL, AN INTERNAL NOISE IN THE FF800 like clic, clic,clic....I immediately shut down everything....then i pulled out the fire wire cable...pulled out all cables...I replugged the 240V ac ONLY...i relauched the ff800...still clic. clic.clic and all led illuminating as mad aliens!!!! (i would have prefered it does that with 1394 cable plugged...it would have maybe meant something more related to firewire...but it was not the case.......i repulled out the alimentation cable once again...waited for 10 min...replugged everything with a certain strenght to be sure everything was well plug into it....and it worked again!!!!

Does such a phenomenon has occured to anyone here or can RMEsupport tell something about this....
I'm not sure if it was just a bad wiring thing occuring....but that clic,clic,clic was a strange thing....it occured in the upper right part of the card...near the alimentation...but was clearly internal...

Does that mean my card will dye tomorrow ? Should I investigate more?....just that i don't want to have bad surprise again....

Thank's for your help...!!!

I'm working on pc/w7 64 bit/ 2011LGA / asus p9x79 with 3960x cpu / cubase 6.5.
I had never had problems with my ancient system nor my new....it appeared suddenly while working today.
Furthemore now...I would love to have smell my unit just once in my carrer to see if it has a specific smell...because now....what i smell..I can't tell if it's hot components...or maybe a burnt component...

Edit: ok...after a few power on/off....ff800 died. It doesn't power up anymore.
Can it be a fuse? I live in Switzerland...how much time will it take approximatively if i send it to repair? is it worth it?
Thank's for answering..I'm deeply in the problems now...

Re: Suddenly after a few years of good service..ff800 goes toatlly twisted

Edit 2:

So after doing a search in the forum i saw a lot of threads about deads psu's...seems i'm also victim of that. Will check with local distibutor.

3 (edited by alfred 2012-08-17 11:29:15)

Local distributor even doesns't answe to mails....hurray...at that rythm maybe i'll do music next year again.
I'm seriousely ***.

4 (edited by alfred 2012-08-20 11:27:58)

I'll keep on bumping this thread til it got deleted if no answers from local distributor. What the hell?

I'm maybe not the greatest poster here....but I do look the threads and see the complaints of people.
I see specially...which threads mod take care of...and those which are forgotten.
That's real "funny" and evidence. And please...no need to balabla now. Too late.
just have a look at the blanks threads and you'll realize as me the evidence but for this you have first to have problem with your equipment....

A furious "loyal" customer.

You got a dead PSU - clear case, clear action. I have no clue how it would help to fill this forum with obsolete posts about it. Your distributor (France?) is not present in this forum (IMHO they have their own). You better grab the phone and complain directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks.