Topic: Sonnet Pro Thunderbolt to ExpressCard Adapter with Expresscard

I have a Mac Book Pro with Thunderbolt running the most update os of Snow Lion.  I purchased the Sonnet Pro Thunderbolt to Expresscard adapter. The adapter works fine with a firewire card I put into it,  but I cannot get my HDSP(e) Expresscard Adapter to be regonizied. I have tried it with another Thunderbolt Mac Book Pro I have and still no luck. I have the most updated Mac drivers installed and the card is a firmware 18. 

The RME expresscard works perfectly in a PC laptop with an expresscard slot.

Any suggestions. I am tearing my hair out with this one.

Serial number on the RME card is 22802884.

Thanks.

-Joe Kasko

Re: Sonnet Pro Thunderbolt to ExpressCard Adapter with Expresscard

Try different combinations of:

- Sonnet Adapter plugged in before turning on the MBP, HDSPe plugged in after OS X is already started.
- Sonnet Adapter and HDSPe plugged in before turning on the MBP.
- Sonnet Adapter and HDSPe plugged in after OS X is already started, one after another.
- Sonnet Adapter and HDSPe plugged in after OS X is already started, both at once (HDSPe already in Sonnet adapter).

Do you have bootcamped Windows installed to check whether this works or not?

Tim,

The Sonnet box isn't being recognized on my Macbook Pro.  I brough the cable and the Sonnet box to the Apple and under Mountain Lion the box was showing up under the Thunderbolt items. 

On another Mac at home running Lion, I had to upgrade the Thunderbolt driver and then it recognized the Sonnet box.

I will try and update the Snow Leopard Thunderbolt driver and see if this works otherwise it might be a firmware issue on my Macbook.

-Joe

I finally got it to work. My firmware on my Macbook would not update to the latest version.  I had to have the hard drive wiped and Lion installed. The firmware then updated to latest version and everything worked.

I installed Bootcamp with Windows 7 64-bit and the device is recognized under there with the latest RME driver.  The strange this is that the Digiface interface shows no lights on the front and the the host light isn't lit, but the RME driver software shows it is connected and I can get sound out of it.  The RME driver software show that none of the channels can lock even though I am on the internal clock.

Strange.

-Joe Kasko

I noticed that the lack of host sync lights and the RME Driver software showing no lock for everything occurs even on the Mac.

-Joe Kasko

Hello Joe,
I´ve read you are using Bootcamp too, I´m trying to run my Madiface on my MBP early2011 17" 8GB, on osx it´s running fine.
By using Win7/64 Prof. it is possible to listen to youtube videos 15minutes or more without troubles, but if I want to use my sequoia 12 after 20 to 60 seconds the app freezes, I don´t know why. Until now I used XP 64. it was running ok. but I want to do a change now,
do you have any ideas?
many greetings from austria/innsbruck
joe

> I noticed that the lack of host sync lights and the RME Driver software showing no lock for everything occurs even on the Mac.

You have no ADAT input signals, so there is no reason for any light (or sync indication) on the Digiface.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME