Topic: FF UFX Midi Mackie Control

Im using a nanokontrol2 in Mackie mode to control Totalmix.
I can't understand why is just controlling the hardware outputs.
Im almost shore I´ve had control the hardware inputs at the first try, and could control 8 hardware inputs to at least 8 hardware outputs.

Please help me to fix this,
Tks
Nelks

Re: FF UFX Midi Mackie Control

Just to confirm that the problem wasn't from the midi control, I´ve used the Max object Maxie Control to simulate the Mackie control midi commands and the problem is the same; only the hardware outputs are controlled.

3 (edited by bsfreq 2012-03-16 22:01:55)

You can control 8 channels from one row at a time. Use the arrow up and down buttons on mackie control to move between rows.
(and left & right to move between channels)
Check the nanokontrol manual to see if the arrow buttons are available in your controller. If not, see if you can edit the commands it sends..

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Hello bsfreq,
Thank you for your help, I just had to send the note C7 to move up and down, from inputs to outputs.

I would like to ask you another question, whats the controller and midi channel on my nanokontrol to send for ex., input channel 1 to output channel 3.
thank you,
best

5 (edited by bsfreq 2012-03-31 11:29:37)

nelks wrote:

I would like to ask you another question, whats the controller and midi channel on my nanokontrol to send for ex., input channel 1 to output channel 3.
thank you,
best

There are no midi commands to control volume levels of a submix that is not selected.
So you have to select the output bus (an 3-4) first. (via midi this would be BC 6A 00 , or ch13 cc106 and any value between 0-127)
The input volume faders correspond to the same midi commands always - no matter what submix selected. So you just use your mackie channel 1 for controlling the input level. Or if you want a dedicated knob (without level feedback to controller), then I think the midi for analog in 1 would be ch1 cc 103 val 0-127.

You can find more of the available midi commands on one of my previous posts here: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic … 608#p60608

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Dear bsfreq, thank you again for your help.

The setup I'm trying to build is to give the possibility to 5 musicians to control they're volumes on stage, thru usb/midi nanokontroll. 8 inputs to 5 different mixes.
I manage to merge all the usb/midi info with the iconnectmidi then to fireface ufx midi in.   

Now my problem is to know how do I say to nanokontroll nº4 for ex. that its controlling out mix 4 and nanokontroll 2 is controlling mix out nº2.

Please help.

Another problem is why when I move the nanokontroll faders the respective total mix input faders activate the group function.

Whatever you do with the Nanos, you need to send the string to select the desired submix first. The second question - I have no experience with that controller. Maybe it has to do with one or the other setting in TM (Submix selected by Input, Submix follows Input...).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I disable all the options except "Enable protocol support" and get the same error, temporary fader group keeps autoselecting.

Thank you.

If I connect the just one Nanokontroll directly to the usb port without the iconnectmidi or midi patchbay to merge the various nanokontroll units, I dont get the auto group fader select error.

If I´m not in Mackie mode on the nano's no auto fader group select error.
I can use them with the usb merge device and no errors.

I have midi filters on the Iconnectmidi, what could be the midi message that is triggering the fader group selection, so i can filter it.

Thanks

Im using plogue bidule with 5 mixers, in and out from ufx. midi from the nanokontrol. problem solved.

MC wrote:

I have no experience with that controller.

May I ask, who from RME has experience with that controller?

I guess this is one of the most popular one around. At least in semi-pro market.