Topic: FFUC has...disappeared!?

Hi

It's 'Meltdown' day smile

My fireface UC has become invisible to my Imac. I've been using it successfully with Logic Studio 9 over OS 10.6.8 But it has...disappeared!?

It doesn't show up in AUDIO/MIDI setup. I've downloaded/installed USB driver 1.75. When I try to run USB Flash update 2.10 I receive an onscreen message saying "No FIREFACE driver or device installed"

I've repeated the install process a couple of times and still the same result.

TOTALMIX shows in my dock and though I can 'launch' it I get no mixer window. FIREFACE USB SETTINGS is also in my dock though it refuses to launch.

The FFUC is the only device connected to my imac, I've tried all the USB ports. Tried different USB cables that I know work with other devices. Tried various restarts and safe starts. Other USB devices connect fine.

The FFUC provides audio via the headphone out perfectly well, it just will not be seen by the imac.

Any suggestions?

John

Re: FFUC has...disappeared!?

Maybe you accidentally switched it to "PC" mode. Disconnect USB and try switching it to Apple mode ("Ap").

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion. Toggled between APPLE and PC mode and no difference. Still invisible and still getting the "No Fireface driver or device installed" message. Could the USB port on the UC have blown? Kind of the only thing that I can think could be wrong

Thanks again for the suggestion

John

Heh guys

REALLY struggling here. Can anyone from RME advise if this is faulty hardware or a USB fault that has arisen causing my FFUC to remain completely invisible to my mac?

Have just uninstalled all the RME library files etc, re-downloaded the up to date drivers and still the flash/firmware installer insistes there's ""No Fireface driver or device installed"

Can anyone help? smile

John

Can you test the device with another cable or computer...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel

Trying on an MBP now. Will update

John

Hi Daniel

Ok so I've just tried the same process, updated drivers to 1.75. Then updated FLASH UPDATE to 2.74 on a MBP running 10.7.4.

TOTALMIX seems to launch but will not show me a mixer window.

The FLASH UPDATE when launched simply says "No Fireface driver or device installed"

Ive tried various USB cables which show other devices attached to both macs but not the FFUC.

Please advise

John