Topic: Fireface 800 host light blinking every now and then

Hi,
Got a bit worried about this, having noticed in the middle of the night (it's 12.20 am!)

The red host light of my FF800 started blinking in and out every now and then about half an hour ago.

When I noticed, I went to the RME website, downloaded the latest driver released in August and restarted. But no go. The red light keeps blinking every now and then and I'm not sure what the issue is.

The most common issue I could think of was that my Firewire cable has gone bad. Plan to go to a store tomorrow and pick up a new one.

But if that's not the problem, I would be in deep. I live in India and I know there's an RME distributor here, but does RME repair products in case they're out of warranty over here? What would the procedure be? Hoping I don't have to, but being unable to get a cable in the middle of the night, I'm freaking out hmm

It's quite an old piece, I bought it in 2009, Christmas time! Only way I could afford one! And it's served me well, in fact, I was tracking drums on it earlier in the day with no dropouts or other issues.

Will post back tomorrow after I check with a new wire. But could there be some other issue with it? Hope someone can help me troubleshoot this in case it's not the cable.

Thanks for listening. Cheers.

- Jimmy