Topic: Converters for analog ins and outs of FF400 FF800 and FFUFX

Hi All,

I currently own a FF400 and I am doing analog summing with dangerous dbox. Sounds pretty nice but I am wondering if the converters for the analog ins and outs NOT THE MIC PRES are significantly better for the 800 and UFX?

Also what is the difference between the 800 AD/DA for the ins and outs compared to the UFX. This is just the back panel ins and outs I know the UFX mic pres have differenter conversion going on there but im not concerned about that.

Bottom line is will I hear a good difference with the sum from FF400 going to UFX.

Thanks a lot

2 (edited by osands 2012-08-29 04:03:01)

Re: Converters for analog ins and outs of FF400 FF800 and FFUFX

no one knows? I know they say the are upgraded converters from ff400 > ff800 to FF ufx but ive also read online that its only the preamp and line level converters that are better(newer upgraded etc). I read that the back panel inputs on UFX have same AD DA as the FF800. Can anyone, hopefully someone from RME give an answer to this one?  I've searched the forums but I havent really found a solid answer to this one. Sorry if its been answere a million times. :-(

Thanks so much!

What you read online is incorrect, the UFX is using different AD/DA converters.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for the clarification. I figured this would be the case but I wanted to make sure before I decided to upgrade.

Just to bring this thread full circle for the community, I have purchased the UFX and the converters sound a lot better thanks! Im very happy!