Topic: Problem with an "old" FF800 !

I recently bought a 2nd hand "old" FF800 (REV 1.0) in order to couple it with another one I bought MINT about 2 years ago ("new" version).

When trying to install the drivers in the device manager (where it's shown as "UNKNOWN DEVICE"), it seems to recognize the driver (3.059) but tell me this :

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Access is denied."

Same goes if I try with the 2.95 version.

I use WIN7 64-bit, and I read here and there that Firefaces (be they new or old) need the 2.77 firmware in order to work under WIN7 64-bit (and the associated drivers), is that right ?

The problem is that I don't know which firmware is installed on that old Fireface, because the FIRMWARE UPDATE PROGRAM won't launch anyway.

What can I do ?

I need that unit to be working at the end of the week. I planned to reinstall my system anyway during the week - for various reasons - but I'm afraid that it won't resolve that problem.

Thank you by advance for your help.

Re: Problem with an "old" FF800 !

Ok. Just tried to install the 3.033 version, which is the version I use with my usual Fireface : same !

And the host LED remains red whatever I do. ed:

Hypothesis : perhaps I should try to update the firmware on a 32-bit system where the old Fireface could be recognized, THEN try again to make it work on my 64-bit system...?

The unit should work with the old firmware and latest drivers, only that audio is unusable. But maybe the firmware is even older...not sure what happens then. Try to find a different computer where you can add it, best XP, so you can check the firmware version.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your answer, MC. I'll do that.

Just one thing - what do you mean exactly by The unit should work with the old firmware and latest drivers, only that audio is unusable. ?

Audio will stutter and sound distorted.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME