1 (edited by cobiashimew 2012-10-01 19:34:59)

Topic: TotalMix FX F1 Help broken ... still

TMFX .984 , DSP 1.51 , Win7 x64

I know this is not really a huge deal but it should work.

Pressing F1 in TotalMix FX or selecting "help" from the menu still yields "Navigation to the webpage was canceled".
I have read the posts instructing to find the help files and allow windows to open them. That works.

However, I should not have to do that. I just want to get the instructions when I need them.

Thanks

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

Re: TotalMix FX F1 Help broken ... still

To the best of my understanding, this is a Windows issue - not one of a "broken" Help...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I would say that yes it is a windows issue, one that RME could easily fix by setting the correct rights
for the help files when the driver gets installed. Are you saying that this function of totalmix will always
be broken for windows users? Are you saying that I will always have to jump through hoops just to see
the online help? I don't get it. Am I the only one out there that would like to press F1 and have a help
screen come up?

It certainly does not seem to affect every user, else the forum and my inbox would be full of it...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I have done several fresh Windows x64 installs on several machines and this has always been my result.
The machine I am typing to you on right now I did a complete wipe and re-install of win7 and UFX last night.

Thanks

Certainly , I am not the only one ! If I am then I am doing something wrong . Can someone either tell me the proper way not to end up with this condition or even take a look into it. I bought the UFX when they first came out and have had lots of experience with installing
and using. This function has never worked. I see this thread got moved into "Miscellaneous". That indicates to me that this is not taken seriously?

That is true. This help is a quick and coarse overview for the inexperienced user, and it will stay like that. The real help is the manual, which includes all the details. So not quite sure why you as experienced user want to read that stuff... wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by cmufx 2012-11-26 00:05:59)

Please someone at RME fix this or contact me to tell me how to fix this.

I am a new UFX owner who has spent 2K + for this interface, am trying to learn everything about it and diagnose a potential problem.   I should not have to put up with a broken help menu.  The documentation is terrible and having broken help rubs sand in the wound.  Unhappy with user experience, even more unhappy to see the apathy on part of rme regarding this bug.

Did you even read my reply? The online help is only a smaller part of the manual's content. Everything you need to know is in there.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Lol, that is a ridiculous reply, to tell a paying customers it is windows fault with no explanation of why, then to tell them to use the manual instead and the f1 help is only for noobs! (whilst using it to imply that if he wants it working properly, then he must be a noob)
I shall put my money back in my pocket and be looking at another brand, Adios!

You are free to spend your money wherever you want.
Meanwhile, I googled this for you (I believe it has also been discussed elsewhere on this forum):
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … 26c8fa91bd
And there is certainly no implication when we say the online help is very basic and that the manual is far more detailed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Meanwhile, I googled this for you (I believe it has also been discussed elsewhere on this forum):
And there is certainly no implication when we say the online help is very basic and that the manual is far more detailed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This is not working.  How do I open a support ticket with RME to fix this?

cmufx wrote:
RME Support wrote:

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

This is not working.  How do I open a support ticket with RME to fix this?

Maybe you should try microsoft. After all it is a Windows issue....

Isaac P