Topic: performance question.

hello all. I recently built a new pc. with the following parts:
i7 3770
16g of ram 16 ddr3 1600
ssd drive osz vertx
and for motherboard i got a gigabyte b75 (it supports native pci)
and my rme hdsp 9652 pci card.
running windows 7 64 bits.

for my main daw i use ableton live 8.4 and i notice that with 64 samplers buffer i get loads of clicks and pops is this normal?

ps. the dpc latency checker reports that my machine is capable for real time audio video. it's readings are grean and  mostly under 70?seconds

Re: performance question.

Have you tried running DPC along with Ableton?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by caliko 2012-10-04 09:15:20)

yep it reports 50 to 100?sec of latency reporting that it should be able to handle real time audio /video without dropouts.
i guess there something wrong with the software or my plugins

ps. the output goes directly to my benchmark dac.

Depends on your Live set. At 64 samples Live can hardly use more than 50% CPU load (Live meter) and is _very_ prone to CPU power-saving features.

First you should make sure to use the "High Performance" windows power-profile instead of the default "Balanced" one, but even then CPU power-saving is quite active. You can try to disable C1E and maybe even C3/C5/C7 CPU states via BIOS, if the option is even available. Of course that will run your rig hotter.

Yep no power saving mode no core parking and priority to background services ableton meter show 35 to 45

Core Parking is no CPU state, more an OS mechanic to deliberately load fewer kernels in order to allow them to sleep. Do the dropouts happen with a specific Live set or specific plugin? Any way to reproduce it here or download your set for testing?