Topic: Random sample rate changes in Cubase 5 (Babyface)

Hi, I have a Babyface running on Windows 7 64 Bit, with Cubase 5. I'm currently experiencing a problem that is making it impossible for me to do any work. When I load up a project in Cubase, very soon I run into random sample rate changes - "sample rate has changed to 96kHz" etc. Cubase then has to be restarted before it will work again. I've just changed from XP to Windows 7, and normally I would think it might be some bug related to that, except that I experienced the same problem in XP from time to time.

Help! It's driving me nuts!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Re: Random sample rate changes in Cubase 5 (Babyface)

Screenshot from the BF Settings dialog, please.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, sorry it's taken a while to get back to you, been snowed under with Uni (exams sad). The problem seems to have vanished for the moment - I simply unpluged the usb cable, waited a few seconds and put it back in again. Bizarre.

Thanks anyhow,

Chris

4 (edited by russianpolecat 2012-10-06 13:43:06)

Hi. I've started having this problem again. I recently did a clean install of windows and updated all my drivers etc. Unfortunately, the above problem has come back with a vengeance. The 'work around' is still effective, in the sense that If I unplug the Babyface, and restart the computer then the problem goes away, sometimes for an hr or so, sometimes for a few days. However, this is obviously a pain having to do this.

Here is a screenshot of the settings -

http://s12.postimage.org/u39u3cmh5/Fireface_settings.jpg

Chris

More helpful would be a screenshot of it while Cubase is running. You also should use an external power supply or the second USB port, might a be a simple undervoltage problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME