Topic: ADI-642 Firmware and update method

Hi, guys. I don't want to bother Matthias too much as I know he is a busy guy and this is not urgent. I would like to engage the Follow Clock mode for my three new ADI-642 Madi interfaces. I discovered that the manual shipped with them is not the latest and downloaded the newest manual which contains somewhat cryptic information on the Follow Clock mode on page 13.

The first question is that the LEDs on the front panel are supposed to indicate the current firmware but there is not clue as to how to decode or read those LEDs. But I suspect that my ADI-642's are not on the latest firmware as the Follow Clock mode does not seem to be settable or behave as in the paragraph.

Can you please tell me how to update the Firmware in an ADI-642? Thanks!

Bob Katz

Re: ADI-642 Firmware and update method

Bob,

you can't escape me... :-)

The readout is as easy as can be. The SYNC and AUDIO LEDs of the AES INPUT STATE section are numbered 1 to 4. Upper row first digit, lower row second. So there will never be a firmware 1.5 (for example). LED 2 up and 1 down would be the latest version (2.1).

If your 642s are older then you can send them to Synthax US for firmware update. This requires special tools (that they have), it can not be performed by the costumer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Bob,

you can't escape me... :-)

The readout is as easy as can be. The SYNC and AUDIO LEDs of the AES INPUT STATE section are numbered 1 to 4. Upper row first digit, lower row second. So there will never be a firmware 1.5 (for example). LED 2 up and 1 down would be the latest version (2.1).

If your 642s are older then you can send them to Synthax US for firmware update. This requires special tools (that they have), it can not be performed by the costumer.

Thanks for not escaping, MC! In that case I would suggest (in your copious free time!) adding the above note to the manual   :-). I'll send my boxes one or two boxes at a time, to Synthax.

BK

Hi Bob,

Give us a call at your convenience to set up the return authorization. We will be happy to get these unit up to date for you.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Hi Bob,

Give us a call at your convenience to set up the return authorization. We will be happy to get these unit up to date for you.

Thanks Jeff.

BK