Topic: Why does my OSX system volume not work anymore? (FF400)

It used to be that I could adjust the volume of my system output with the volume keys while using my RME Fireface 400. Now when I change the volume, I hear the blip sound, but it does not affect the volume at all. I have to use the firface hardware or software mixer. I found it pretty convenient from my wireless keyboard.

I think it's been since the latest driver, I'm also on Mountain Lion now. Anyone know? Is there a way to bring this back?

thanks

Re: Why does my OSX system volume not work anymore? (FF400)

I am having the same problem with FF800.  Mountain Lion and latest drivers ...

I got my UCX yesterday (without remote) and I have no system volume control other than TotalMix main out or the dial on the UCX itself, which is kind of a hazzle. I was under the impression that OSX system volume control works on the UCX, which is why I didn't get the hardware remote. I'm running OSX Lion.

Is there a chance that this will be fixed, or do I have to buy the hardware remote to control main volume?

Is there a 3rd party workaround for mapping UCX main out to the volume keys on a mac keyboard?

You will love the ARC once you have it. And this is not going to be 'fixed'. As a matter of fact it would 'break' the driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You will love the ARC once you have it. And this is not going to be 'fixed'. As a matter of fact it would 'break' the driver.

Well this is even more confusing.

Last week system volume started working again when using the RME. The behavior is unpredictable though. One day, both the main out meter and the OSX system volume worked, but separately. Like two levels in line. Then yesterday it went back to working like it did before, where the OSX system volume controlled the Fireface main out and vice verse. I prefer this integrated behavior.

And you're saying this is not supposed to work? Well if OSX volume is supposed to be disabled, then I hope it continues to work as it does now.

I definitely don' t want ARC, just want to keep using the keyboard volume buttons like I have been.