Topic: Question about RME Fireface UC

I tried to use Headset(included Mic and the Mic jack is 3 Way 3.5 pi) with RME Fireface UC
When I recorded by using the Mic from Headset, I put the gender which is from 3 Way 3.5 pi female to 3 Way 5.5 pi male to Mic jack.
And I put this to the input ch. of RME Fireface UC. However, nothing recorded.

Here is my question.

1. If I want to record something by using HEADSET MIC (using 3 way 3.5 pi jack) with RME Fireface UC,
   do I have to split it to two strip of 2 way 5.5 pi jack?

2. or do I need something like MIC Amp. ?

Thanks always your kind reply

Re: Question about RME Fireface UC

Hello, I am new to RME Multiface II and have tried to use it these days.

I tried to use Headset(included Mic and the Mic jack is 3 Way 3.5 pi) with RME Fireface UC
When I recorded by using the Mic from Headset, I put the gender which is from 3 Way 3.5 pi female to 3 Way 5.5 pi male to Mic jack.

Here is my question.

1. If I want to record something by using HEADSET MIC (using 3 way 3.5 pi jack) with RME Fireface UC,

Please help me, if anyone knows the reason of this issue

YoonguChoi wrote:

Hello, I am new to RME Multiface II and have tried to use it these days.

Here is my question.

Please help me, if anyone knows the reason of this issue

Can you please clarify?

If your mic is on TRS jack, you will most likely need to adapt it to XLR to access the mic pre on the FF. If you do have a multiface II then there are no mic pres on it.

If your headset/mic has only only one plug for both (headphones and mic) then you are probably out of luck without cutting the cable apart.

I would also check that you are using correct input and it is switched correctly. Check on Youtube for totalmix videos.

Hope this helps,

Isaac P

What is the make and model of your headset mic?

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC

The model is Sennheiser Headset PC 131 and PC 151.
Their mic did not work with Fireface UC, so I thought I should have the mic amp.
I tried to use adapt TRS 3.5pi to XLR and use it through Mic input ch. 1 and 2.

Please reply whether I need some Mic amp. or there is the other way to use Sennheiser Headset PC 131 and PC 151.

Thank you.

Their mic did not work with Fireface UC, so I thought I should have the mic amp.

Please reply whether I need some Mic amp. or there is the other way to use Sennheiser Headset PC 131 and PC 151.

Thank you.

PC headsets often require a low operating voltage for their condenser mics, which is much different from the professional +48V that our units offer. Did you check that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by YoonguChoi 2012-10-12 09:54:43)

Yes As I know Sennheiser Headset PC 131 require that.
So you mean I can not use PC HEADSET (EX : Sennheiser Headset PC 131) with RME Fireface UC?
But I'd like to know what kind of stuff I need to use PC HEADSET with RME Fireface UC...
Could you let me know what stuff (Mic Amp. or something) I need? Please....

Thank you.

The UC provides preamplification, but as mentioned above, the headset may require special power supply voltages.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

To be honest, FF UC is desigend for microphones used in studios, and not for headset mics for Skype/games.
Shure SM58, Sennheiser e840, Electrovoice RE20, etc etc, many vocal dynamic mics are available, and they will work wonderfully with FF UC. If hands free talking is necessary, they can be conveniently set up with a table top mic stand.