Topic: Could you give me some info/advices?

Hi there RME:
I'm a RME unconditional user since first Multiface was on the market. Then I went to the first FF800 and now, since a few years ago, I own the first FF400 that was launched. Yes, I could say that depending on my needs I've been moving from one to other RME devices, and really happy with all them.

Now my needs are different. I'm looking for something better than my FF400. I know that for example, a good mic preamp can go up to 1500$ and much more; and a good AD converter starts may be in that amount... so,... Everybody could understand that a 1000€-1500€ device (Rme FF400, Apogee Ensemble, etc,...) should not have same quality than buying separate stuff. It shouldn't...
Even knowing that single devices would be a much more pro system, and much more quality,... for "HOME" (where you also can get pro resoults, and I really do), I still like an "all in one" device. So,...

what about making a hi quality device with just the necessary for recording solo takes? I mean 1 or 2 channels with a very good preamp and a very good AD conversion...

I know this is my personal need, and I don't know if there is a market for that (let see the Prism Sound Lyra...) but I strongly believe in you guys, and as a musician (not a technician... do not understand about tech things,... just my ears) I'd love to own something better than my FF400, in order to record my takes at home and then send them over to the studio (I'm a freelance musician).

Well, as I don't speak English, hope you can understand my post. Excuse myself.

If you have any advice or you could tell me if something new (close to my needs) is coming soon, just let me know, please.

Kindest regards,

P.

FF400 Bus powered|MacPro 2008-2,8x8core-16Gb ram|Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Re: Could you give me some info/advices?

Hi,
I am not a technician either but a classical musician and what I can say is that comparing my 5 solo CDs -the first 3 recorded with a professional engineer with the most expensive gear- and my 2 last CDs, recorded in a church with a pair of scoeps and my FF UC, you cant tell the difference. Or, even more, I would say that those sound better...