Topic: Basic questions connecting instruments to HDSPe AIO

Hello,

I have some basic questions regarding the connection of my instruments to the HDSPe AIO.

Can I connect the XLR-output ("DI") of my guitar amp by using the breakout-cable BO9632XLRMKH?

My piano has a midi-in/out and two line-outs (2 x 6.3mm mono jacks). As I understood, the breakout-cable is needed for midi. But how do I connect the line-out to HDSPe AIO? Do I need a AI4S-192 AIO?

Is it possible to connect an electric guitar directly to HDSPe AIO without using any amp?

Thanks

Re: Basic questions connecting instruments to HDSPe AIO

Funny, I have the exact same questions that I've been unable to deduce from the RME website, forums, etc.  You'd think providing such information would be a no-brainer but I guess the assumption is that somebody like me that isn't an expert on audio soundcards and interfaces would be looking at their products.  I'm just a musician wanting to do home recording.  I have a rip snorting powerful PC with one shortcoming, integrated audio.

It's been three weeks since Normen posted, I'm guessing RME doesn't monitor the fora and respond and we have to hope a user will step up and do their technical support.

Thank you for posting Normen.

Can I connect the XLR-output ("DI") of my guitar amp by using the breakout-cable BO9632XLRMKH?

Yes, sure.

My piano has a midi-in/out and two line-outs (2 x 6.3mm mono jacks). As I understood, the breakout-cable is needed for midi. But how do I connect the line-out to HDSPe AIO? Do I need a AI4S-192 AIO?

You could get the AI4S-192 if you like. Otherwise, just get a pair TRS -> XLR cables and use the XLR inputs on the breakout cable.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for the quick reply, this answers my questions, and hopefully Normens.  I can't wait to try this card.