Topic: Congrats RME! Your Babyface rocks! :)

Hey.

I just wanted to say that I've been using a Babyface on a C2D iMac for about half a year now, and have to admit that although initially skeptical--because of my terrible experience with USB interfaces in the past--this product exceeded my expectations.

I am running 10.6.8 and haven't updated drivers since I bought the interface, and there have been no hiccups whatsoever. Running a few applications in the background and recording audio has been a breeze. The Babyface hasn't crashed a single time on a 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and I have literally forgotten what pops and clicks are--things I was bothered by daily until I moved to RME gear. The TotalMix has neat features and software monitoring is great. All in all, the Babyface has been the best investment in digital audio gear.

And just to throw a few suggestions to help make this great product even better, I'd like to note that to a guy that uses Apple products, the only weakness of RME gear is design. I own the Snow White edition which is fine overall, but a few flaws bug me:

-the cheap connectors (guys, this is the most expensive interface in its class, and my connectors were both low-quality and came dusty in the box!; you can do much better than this)
-the ultra-short USB cable (it looks great, but it really is very short for most setups; add a simple extension cable and it would work great for both laptops and desktops)
-the wobbling rotary wheel (this isn't a biggie, but for people who interact with the interface directly, an Apogee-Duet-style knob would be great)
-[for Mac only] the lack of integration between RME software and the Mac OS ecosystem (the driver and TotalMix apps can be combined into a single one and integrated as a system preference without floating windows. More importantly, basic controls of the RME interface should work in Mac OS's audio preferences, but they are currently overridden by the TotalMix app, and thus you can't, for example, do basic operations like turning the volume up and down through your keyboard.)

That said, RME, you have a great product on your hands! In terms of functionality it is second to none: the hardware and software core works fantastic. Just take some cues from Apple and Apogee design-wise, and you can turn this product into a cult!

Thanks and keep up the great work! smile