1 (edited by pregloid 2012-10-21 15:51:01)

Topic: revision question

Hi,

sorry for another revision thread, but I've read some about this topic and haven't found a satisfying answer. I've bought an HDSP 9632 recently and it seems to be an old version. Board says 1.0.7 12/03. Serial number? not sure where that is found, mine only came with breakout cables, no CD and such. Seems like the oldest model I've ever seen, at least judging by components on the board (less capacitors and other components for example), but that doesn't have to say anything. looks exactly like this model http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y229/g … 32Card.jpg (hope it's ok to post that? sorry if not)

It works fine and I'm happy with it (please don't say that's all that matters or something like that). Is there some changelog of different revisions? I'd love to know what I am missing from newer hardware versions. Difference in low latency performance? Different converters/amps? other features? I'd love to know. I'm sure this would help other people as well.

Again I love it, just would love to know if I'm missing something, and what.

Thank you very much.

Re: revision question

1.07 is the latest version. 2003 and still top - only at RME you get that long-lasting quality.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by pregloid 2012-10-21 17:09:08)

Re: revision question

oh that's interesting thanks for the fast response. i've only used it for a couple days now but yeah, you instantly notice this is quality stuff and definitely a product where the good reputation of "Made in Germany" is absolutely fitting. also maybe the best software/driver support of any other internal interface i've ever used. but then it's popular for a reason. also love how a nearly ten year old product is still updated with drivers, no probs whatsoever with win7 x64. well done.

now enough of the praise (i'm not rme-affiliated): Is there something like a changelog of the different boards, why component x has been added, what functionality changed, I mean... those changes on-board sure were conducted for a reason?