Topic: Need more input on UFX

Sorry I checked the forum but didn't really find an answer how to extend the UFX input ports beyond the 8 integrated ones. I need to connect 6 synths analog drum machines. What would be the easiest solution? Price is not the problem.

Thanks for your help
Edi

Re: Need more input on UFX

I'd recommend an AD converter and then hook it to the ADAT of the UFX.

3 (edited by Jean-Michel 2012-10-06 09:54:09)

This or that. The second has no DA converters, but more flexibility for the inputs.

JM

Or you could buy a HDSP 9652 (like I did) with some additional input-/output-board(s). Officially not supported by RME, but it works real nice. I use two adat outputs on the HDSP to feed the UFX (16 channels). All within the same Windows 7 machine.

Thank you all very much for your help! I read that I could use a second UFX connected to the original UFX over ADAT. Sorry I didn't specify working with an iMac, so no PCI slots. I think I will go with the RME ADI-8 DS.

I use both a master and a slave UFX. The price performance ratio is favorable and you have the possibility to record DuRec off of both front panel USBs.

You wrote the UFX has 8 analog inputs. It actually has 12 (8 back, 4 front).  Just want to make sure you are aware of that so you can buy only what you need.

i'd personally go for a second UFX via adat. Really flexible with the benefit of Durec on both units and 4 more mic pre's (you never know if you're going to mic up a monster drum kit at some point) which a stand alone converter wont have ed: